Strange title, right? Especially if you’ve never had the experience of doing bookkeeping for a store using only a ledger and a pen. Here are some darker stories you’ve probably never heard about “Black Friday.”
According to blackfriday.com, the term “Black Friday” was coined in the 1960s to mark the kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. “Black” refers to stores moving from the “red” to the “black,” back when accounting records were kept by hand, and red ink indicated a loss and black a profit.
Black Friday Myths & Urban Legends
Another urban legend suggests that “Black Friday” got its meaning at some point in the 1950s or 1960s, when the Philadelphia Police Department started to refer to the day after Thanksgiving as “Black Friday,” with the unrealistic hope that people would find the holiday shopping session distasteful and opt out of the collective consumer madness.
In a non-retail sense, it also describes a financial crisis of 1869: a stock market catastrophe set off by gold spectators who tried and failed to corner the gold market, causing the market to collapse and stocks to plummet.
However, Royi Sal Jewelry is here to support your jewelry business move from “red” to “black” the coming Black Friday. Download our latest magazine here and profit from the exceptional jewelry designs at affordable prices you will find inside.
Black Friday’s Effect In Jewelry Businesses
As retailers and jewelry stores began to realize they could draw big crowds by discounting prices, “Black Friday” became the day to shop for unique jewelry for your loved one. Some retailers passionately claim that Black Friday in jewelry is even better than those last-minute Christmas sales.
Let’s make sure you will be ready and stocked with unique jewelry crafts in incredible designs, hand-picked from the tens of thousands of pieces existing in our design journals.
Christmas & Winter “Black Friday” collection best-selling crafts
- Pendants, earrings & rings made with colorful cubic zirconia crystals in animal, classic and heart shapes.
- Turquoise & Onyx stone crafted crosses in pendant and earring sets.
- Sterling silver ring designs with colorful nanogems.
- Special crafts from the “Love Knot” collection in fine silver and gold plated earrings, rings & pendants.
- Classic caviar pearl style earrings, rings, and pendants sets.
- Red, green & white colored cubic zirconia crystal pics with Christmas designs including rings and pendants in shapes like Santa, Deer, Christmas Trees – Boots – Hats.
- Unique pics from the “Floral Dictionary” collection, made from fine sterling silver in shapes like anemones, lilacs, lilies & tulips.
- Fine silver crafts with angels in different shapes.
- Multicolored cubic zirconia pendants and earrings in sets with hearts, stars & infinity symbols.
Most importantly, let’s make sure that you are getting the highest quality sterling silver with crystals jewelry crafts and move back to “black” with the early movers 10% discount for every confirmed order we receive, the next 30 days.
P.S. Royi Sal Jewelry, as a decades-long leader in silver jewelry design and manufacturing, invites you to download our latest magazine here and profit from the exceptional jewelry designs in affordable prices you will find in the magazine. Click here to download it now.